PDA

View Full Version : Draft help - keeper league

Hudson
09-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Hello LWL,

I need some help with my first overall draft pic. I am picking 4th overall and I'm not quite sure who to take. Here are the details of my league
- first year keeper league
- 14 teams
- 266 players/goalies drafted
- 10 categories are: G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, W, SV%, GAA

I am quite confident that the first 3 picks will be: Ovechkin, Stamkos and Crosby.

The main players that I am considering are the following:
D. Sedin: 80 pts minimum with potential of 100, lots of goals, PPP and SOG. Only concern is age as a keeper
C. Perry: Likely will get 80 pts and not 100 like last year. Lots of PIM, SOG and goals.
E. Malkin: if healthy, is as offensively potent as anyone in the league

Let me know your thoughts or if there is anyone else I should consider.

Thanks

Habs1
09-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Your first pick doesn't have to be your keeper. Keep your best player at the end of the year, anything can happen in the season. Your 3rd or 4th round picks might bust out, you never know.

I would take Daniel or Perry and would not even consider Malkin at 4th overall. Daniel's upside is consistency, Perry's is Penalty Minutes.

Hudson
09-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Good points, there are pro's to drafting either Perry or Daniel.

I think I'm leaning towards Daniel because it is easier to waiver a PIM guy rather than a PPP guy.

My only hesitation is Daniel's age. Decisions, decisions....

Mike
09-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Don't discount the fact that Crosby might not be taken in the top three. You should have a plan in place if this were to happen. Because this is a keeper league, I'd take Crosby at 4 if he were available.

A good point is made by Habs1 that your #1 pick does not have to be your keeper.

I'd lean Perry here, given the circumstances and your list of options.

When are you leaning toward grabbing your first goalie?

Hudson
10-02-2011, 03:15 PM
You're absolutely right Mike, from what I'm hearing the 2nd pick might be leaning towards Sedin. If Crosby is available, I would definitely grab him with the 4th pick.

It is true that my first pick doesn't have to be my keeper. I would prefer to get a keeper though because it would secure a top 10 fantasy player for the next 3-4 seasons.

I think I'll grab my first goalie in the 2nd or 3rd round, it really depends how many goalies are drafted before my turn. I assume that Price, Luongo, Miller, Bryzalov and Lundqvist will be gone at that point. I would love to get Crawford, Vokoun or Fleury