PDA

View Full Version : Goalie Stats

Tim
01-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Which goalie stats do you want to be used? Keep in mind that we decided on five in the "how many stats" thread. This shouldn't take long. I'm not sure what other stats could be used besides wins, save percentage, goals against average, shutouts, and saves.

flubber
01-25-2012, 05:57 PM
I won't do a comparison here but my recollection was that Wins Sv% GAA and SHO were unanimous or very nearly so. Saves had good popularity but had its detractors and there was a mention of Losses and GA by Wings9798 among his 7 goalie stats. The only stat I have in a league that wasn't mentioned is "Games started" but I think I prefer saves to that one

Tim
01-25-2012, 06:14 PM
My vote is for wins, save percentage, goals against average, shutouts, and saves.

So far it's:

Wins: Tim, Flubber, Internalprime8
SV%: Tim, Flubber, Internalprime8
GAA: Tim, Flubber, Internalprime8
Sos: Tim, Flubber, Internalprime8
Saves: Tim, Flubber, Internalprime8
Losses:
GA:
GS:

internalprime8
01-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Same here. Wins, SV%, GAA, SHU, Saves if we are using 5.

dpclark11
01-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Looks like this wont be a hard decision, 4 of the first 4 all agree

Wins: Tim, Flubber, Internalprime8, Dpclark11
SV%: Tim, Flubber, Internalprime8, Dpclark11
GAA: Tim, Flubber, Internalprime8, Dpclark11
Sos: Tim, Flubber, Internalprime8, Dpclark11
Saves: Tim, Flubber, Internalprime8, Dpclark11
Losses:
GA:
GS:

Tim
01-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Yah, I didn't think this would take long at all.

Rocket
01-25-2012, 11:43 PM
I am with you guys, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO. Pretty easy one here.

Tim
01-27-2012, 03:45 PM
5 out of 5 have agreed, I doubt any other stat gets more than a vote or two so I guess wins, save percentage, goals against average, shutous, and saves will be the stats used.

hovercraft
01-27-2012, 04:15 PM
W, GAA, Sv% and SHO are for sure

and I guess Saves is the best of the rest

Leafs
01-28-2012, 10:37 AM
I'd vote for the big 4, but ANYTHING other than saves. I think it's one of the worst stats available in fantasy hockey. I don't understand the support for it. That said, clearly everyone else wants it, so I'll survive somehow :p

hovercraft
01-28-2012, 11:40 AM
I'd vote for the big 4, but ANYTHING other than saves. I think it's one of the worst stats available in fantasy hockey. I don't understand the support for it. That said, clearly everyone else wants it, so I'll survive somehow :p

I don't really like Saves either. But I dont really see what else we could use instead of them. GS and L are weird stats too

Tim
01-28-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm not a big fan of saves either, but the 10 to 5 stat split won, so we have to choose another stat.

flubber
01-28-2012, 06:13 PM

Whats the problem with it?? __ I understand that a top goalie can get a 20 save shutout and be "worse" in saves than the guy that surrenders 5 goals but has 45 stops. I get that. BUt there are teams that generally face more shots and a high saves goalie is just as capable of deduction and analysis as any other stat. It adds value to goalies on worse teams who may be competitive in save % but worse in GAA

I like saves as a category. It is the most effective stat I have seen to combat the "3 starts and sit" syndrome I see. A guy gets a shutout and two decent starts and here we are Wednesday morning with him having an unassailable .960 and 0.67. Some people may think that right and just. . . that they should be able to sit the bulk of the week and win. I find it BORING (even when I do it--) -- With saves, sitting has a real problem-- SO could get tied, Wins could be in peril and saves will almost certainly be lost. I like that-- rewards playing your guys

mj12
01-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Same here. Wins, SV%, GAA, SHU, Saves if we are using 5.

I will agree with these stats as well!

Leafs
01-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Whats the problem with it?? __ I understand that a top goalie can get a 20 save shutout and be "worse" in saves than the guy that surrenders 5 goals but has 45 stops. I get that. BUt there are teams that generally face more shots and a high saves goalie is just as capable of deduction and analysis as any other stat. It adds value to goalies on worse teams who may be competitive in save % but worse in GAA

I like saves as a category. It is the most effective stat I have seen to combat the "3 starts and sit" syndrome I see. A guy gets a shutout and two decent starts and here we are Wednesday morning with him having an unassailable .960 and 0.67. Some people may think that right and just. . . that they should be able to sit the bulk of the week and win. I find it BORING (even when I do it--) -- With saves, sitting has a real problem-- SO could get tied, Wins could be in peril and saves will almost certainly be lost. I like that-- rewards playing your guys

I just see no need to reward a goalie for something beyond his control. Of course he has to actually make the save, but the amount of opportunities to make a save (number of shots) is completely outside the goalies control. And I feel as if W and SO are enough to combat the 3 and sit syndrome if it's a close matchup. As I said though, I'm fine having it. The league can't cater to what everyone wants in terms of stats.

Tim
01-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Basically everyone has voted for wins, save percentage, goals against average, shutouts, and saves so I guess that's decided.