Thread: Schnieder or Rask??

Schnieder or Rask??

Im in a points league with max starts in all positions. Currently I am slated to be over in C and LW games played and under in G games played. The league currently has two strong back ups that I don't want to let slide, Rask and Schnieder. Goalie points are only wins (2) and SO (5). Listed below is my current roster... which of the two goalies will provide more points for me this season. (League also has max moves so can't alternate). Thanks for your advise!!

C- D.Krecji
    C- M.Koivu
    C/LW- J. Staal
    C/LW- V. Propal
    C/LW- Andy McDonald
    C- T. Connolly (currently in IR slot)
    LW/RW- I. Kovalchuk
    LW- J. Neal
    LW- A. Tanguay
    LW- A.Brunette
    RW- C.Perry
    RW- J. Iginla
    RW- D.Heatley
    D- C. Erhoff
    D- J. Carlson
    D- K.Shattenkirk
    D- M.Carle
    G- J.Howard
    G- M.Kipper

I'm sorry just to clarify you mean which goalie between Rask and Schneider will get you the most points under your current scoring format? Do you have to drop anyone on your team to get them? Sorry I'm a bit confused...if its just a simple question of which guy will get you the most points between Schneider and Rask based on 2 points for a win and 5 for a shutout..that's really tough, but I'd lean towards Rask simply because I think he gets more starts than Schneider. But I don't know if I had to choose between the two, man that's a tough decision (but a good one to have IMO). Schneider has proved to be one of the, if not THE, best backup in the game. But Luongo gets most of the starts there. I see Rask getting more starts so they can keep Thomas fresh. Using leftwinglocks draft kit and looking at projections, it seemed like there is some thought that Thomas might only start 55-60 games..which leaves 20-30 for Rask. That's quite a bit. I wouldn't think Schneider gets more than 15 or so at most..but that's just me. I know SirJesto is a big advocate for Schneider so when he chimes in I'll feel better about my remarks lol

Ah yes, sorry. To clarify I will have to drop someone (leaning towards Brunette - but my gut is telling me that he compliments toews.sharp on the first line nicely... ) to pick up schneider or rask. Scoring format of W=2pts and SO=5pts I am also leaning towards Rask - considering he may see more TOI and stat lines do not matter. I am surprised these two goalies are available (14 team league) and I feel they will get snagged soon, so I do not have time to see how brunette molds with his line mates.

Yea I mean if only wins and shutouts matter, then its quantity over quality for all intents and purposes. Both guys are capable of "pitching" a shutout..they've proven it (hell Rask almost did it last night). Since GAA and SV% dont' matter and you don't get penalized for it, you pretty much have to go with the guy that's gonna see the most starts...unless of course he plays on an awful team and losses all the time anyway lol..but that's not the case here. I see Rask getting 25 starts at least..Schneider 15...I think you've gotta go with Rask on this one. Like I said tough, wait and see what other guys have to say, especially SirJesto because he follows Vancouver very closely and he might correct me on my predictions in terms of starts for Schneider.

Thanks for your advise. Which C or LW would you drop? Scoring cats for forwards is as follows

G=1
    A=1
    PPG=1
    PPA=.5
    SHG=2
    SHA=1
    GWG=1

I think Brunette without getting too much into the stats...I don't see how you can drop any of those other guys personally. Staal, Prospal, Tanquay, Neal..I think they all have better value than Brunette right now...but that's just me, let's get a few more people in here to voice their opinion on that one.

Schneider had 25 appearances last year and he is slated for just as many this year. He is actually playing in Detroit in a couple days too I hear, which will be his 2nd start of the season already. As mbr311 has mentioned I'm a big Schneider advocate, But there is an argument for Rask as well based on Thomas' age and Coach going with the hot guy in Boston. I think you can't go wrong with either, but I always lean towards my guy...

See that's why I suggested waiting to hear from SirJesto, he follows Vancouver very closely and I obviously didn't realize Schneider might get up to 25 starts. That certainly makes things a lot more difficult in terms of whom to keep because it simply comes down to who's gonna win the most and whos' gonna get the most shutouts if they both start 25 times. Pretty much a crapshoot IMO.