Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: League Votes or Commissioner Approval and Review Time

League Votes or Commissioner Approval and Review Time

I know I am not running these threads, but I have seen this become an issue in leagues.

I guess the question to ask yourself here is: Do we consider ourselves professional enough that we don't need policing (by other managers)?

We have had numerous discussions on these boards in regards to voting on trades or having trades vetoed or if they are veto-worth, etc. I think this is very important in determining what kind of league this is going to be.

My vote is commissioner votes as I think we are grown up enough that if there is a problem, the commissioner should be able to identify it or the league can petition to him. I would also like the review time to only be 1 day.

Is this a valid topic? I will let Tim track the votes as he has been doing such a magnificent job thus far.
    Twitter: @Rocketman_33

LWL FHL Keeper - The Untouchables - Keep 5
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FOW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Finished 3rd - Unknown Keepers

LWL FHL Non-Keeper - Phoenix 2
    Current Record

Finished 2nd

LWL FHL Dynasty H2H Pts League- Dy-Nasty - Keep 17
    Finished 9th

Prospects - E. Kuznetsov, G. Reinhart, A. Vasilevsky, J. Drouin, J. Morin

ESPN 12 Team H2H Pts League- Keep 5
    - Reg Season Record 22-0 - Finished 2nd

Keepers - J. Toews (C), G. Landeskog (LW), C. Giroux (C, RW), E. Karlsson (D), A. Niemi (G)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman9 View Post
    I know I am not running these threads, but I have seen this become an issue in leagues.

I guess the question to ask yourself here is: Do we consider ourselves professional enough that we don't need policing (by other managers)?

We have had numerous discussions on these boards in regards to voting on trades or having trades vetoed or if they are veto-worth, etc. I think this is very important in determining what kind of league this is going to be.

My vote is commissioner votes as I think we are grown up enough that if there is a problem, the commissioner should be able to identify it or the league can petition to him. I would also like the review time to only be 1 day.

Is this a valid topic? I will let Tim track the votes as he has been doing such a magnificent job thus far.
    I think anyone can start a thread and this is certainly an important topic. As part of it I think people need to agree on what the standard is.

I have started threads here before that said " If you veto a trade you should be willing to turf a manager" since the standard I apply is a trade is only vetoed in instances of

1. collusion
    2. dumping ( a party making no attempt to improve their team now or in the future )

In either case I think at least one manager should disappear as they are either cheating or quitting. Obviously the evidence required to meet this standard is very high. I always ask " could ANY reasonable manager think that the deal betters their team" If the answer is yes, then the trade goes through IMHO even if I personally think the valuations are WAY off. You don't veto because some manager is being too high on a certain player.

If people agree on the standard up front then I think that a commissioner review is enough. I perform this function in one league and frankly I take a 10 second look at the trade and if it passes cursory review I let it go unless someone complains. If there is a complaint I email both parties asking if they care to set out their reasoning how the trade makes them better ( the rationale of the side perceived as losing by the complainer is most key )

I have never liked league votes. The veto button is all yellow and shiny at yahoo.

Edit -- and review time -- don't care-- unless there are alternates to do the review maybe two days is best
    Last edited by flubber; 03-09-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    Phoenix One league commissioner
    Phoenix Elite (starting 2014-2015) Organizer

both LWL LEAGUE G A +/- PIM PPP SHP HIT Block FOW SOG W GAA SV% SHO SVs

Untouchables .. Flubbers Thugs - Quick Miller Subban S. Weber Seabrook Dillon Giordano Wideman C- Plekanac Turris Stasny Bonino. LW- E kane Kesler J. Staal Vermette RW- Simmonds Johansen Neale neil ( Henrique , Killorn)

Phoenix .. Holtby Anderson Harding ( Talbot McElhinney) Crosby Duchene Hanzal Ribeiro Johansson Koivu Silfverberg B Schenn Pavelski Lucic Simmonds neil Subban McDonagh Hjaalmarsson Orpick Lovejoy Hamhuis

Brawlers G,A,+, PIM PPP Blocks SOG HIT, W SV, GAA SV% SHO
    Keep 12. Anderson Backstrom Miller Weber Subban Byfuglien Chara Orpick Hjalmarsson Vlasic ( Grossman, Lovejoy) Turris koivu Hanzal Hodgson Johansen ( Cogliano ) Ott Landeskog Vermette Lucic Marcarthur Callahan Simmonds Marchand Doan Dupuis Neil

Hitmen G A +/- PIM PPP SHP HITS, W, GS SV% GAA SHO
    Keep 5 Lehtonen Schneider Holtby (Harding IR ) Couture Getzlaf Bonino Fisher Ott Pavelski Brassard ( Z smith) Callahan Gallagher Simmonds Ward Neal Nugent-Hopkins Saad OEL Gudas Giordano Hjalmarsson Franson Carle Zidlicky Girardi

Quote Originally Posted by flubber View Post
    I have never liked league votes. The veto button is all yellow and shiny at yahoo.
    Again, where is the 'Like' button??
    Twitter: @Rocketman_33

LWL FHL Keeper - The Untouchables - Keep 5

Finished 3rd - Unknown Keepers

LWL FHL Non-Keeper - Phoenix 2
    Current Record

Finished 2nd

LWL FHL Dynasty H2H Pts League- Dy-Nasty - Keep 17
    Finished 9th

Prospects - E. Kuznetsov, G. Reinhart, A. Vasilevsky, J. Drouin, J. Morin

ESPN 12 Team H2H Pts League- Keep 5
    - Reg Season Record 22-0 - Finished 2nd

Keepers - J. Toews (C), G. Landeskog (LW), C. Giroux (C, RW), E. Karlsson (D), A. Niemi (G)

I think with this league, both options would be acceptable and succeed. I would vote commissioner approved trades simply to speed the process up. But I would be fine with both. We are mature enough to make either option work.
    HC Prime - The Untouchables

F: Perry, Spezza, Lecavalier, Kreider, Lupul
    O'Reilly, Hudler, Clutterbuck, Gaborik, Cogliano, Huberdeau
    D: Fowler, Johnson, Voynov, Gorges, Niskanen, Garrison
    G: Rinne, Khubodin, Ward
    IR: Letang, D. Sedin

4th Liner
    Quote Originally Posted by internalprime8 View Post
    I think with this league, both options would be acceptable and succeed. I would vote commissioner approved trades simply to speed the process up. But I would be fine with both. We are mature enough to make either option work.
    Couldn't have said it better.

The year before this one I had two trades of mine vetoed in a league. They weren't even that bad which was the ridiculous part of it. It's just way too easy to click the veto button and be anonymous. This year I am the commissioner of two leagues and in both I have it set so to commissioner decides. I told all the teams that if they ever have a problem with a trade they can talk about it on the league boards or email me. There have been no problems so far and trades go through much quicker. This is the way to go imo. But, like Leafs said I don't think it will make much of a difference for this league except for speeding it up.
    Official LWL Non-Keeper League - Shooting Scorgasms

C - Getzlaf, Backstrom, B. Richards, Henrique
    LW - Datsyuk (C), Marleau, (C), Clowe (RW), Malone
    RW - Sharp (C), Pominville, Alfredsson, Little (C)
    D - Chara, Wisniewski, Orpik, Beauchemin
    G - Niemi, Schneider, Theodore, Dubnyk

Whichever the majority decides is fine by me.. I'm not into any sort of cheating.. it is FANTASY.. there is no money or what have you at stake. I'm in it to win.. but to have fun too.. and I for one as a manager have integrity.. which I would assume everyone else does as well.
    Head to Head Keeper Team

8th out of 16 teams

C - Benn (LW), Bozak, Monahan
    LW - Neal (RW), Palat, Drouin
    RW - Perry, MacKinnon (C), Burrows (LW), Downie (LW)
    D - Goligoski, Jones, Hamilton, Rielly
    G - Halak, Holtby, Gibson, Allen

Commish veto. That's my vote.
    Yahoo 12 team H2H: C, C, L, L, R, R, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, S%, SO

C: Eric Staal, Mike Ribeiro, David Backes (RW)(??)
    LW: Evander Kane, Steve Ott (C), Shane Doan (RW)(IR)
    RW: Joe Pavelski (C), Brendan Gallagher
    D: Dustin Byfuglien (RW), Kevin Shattenkirk, Kris Letang(IR), Roman Josi, Alex Goligoski
    G: Jonathan Quick(IR), Jaroslav Halak, Josh Harding
    IR: Ryan Callahan, James Wisniewski

Quote Originally Posted by Flames89Champs View Post
    Whichever the majority decides is fine by me.. I'm not into any sort of cheating.. it is FANTASY.. there is no money or what have you at stake. I'm in it to win.. but to have fun too.. and I for one as a manager have integrity.. which I would assume everyone else does as well.
    I work under the same assumption but its good to have a clear rule aas to how to deal with things if our assumption proves incorrect

I'm fine with commissioner rule. As long as we aren't trading Malkin for Steve Sullivan I think we'll be okay.
    VarlaWho?

8 Team H2H ESPN League
    G, A, +/-, Points, PIM, ATOI, Hits, Blocked Shots, Wins, GAA, SV%

C - Giroux, Benn, Carter
    LW - Kovalchuk, Ott, Vanek
    RW - Gaborik, Selanne, Perry
    F - Neal, Eberle
    D - Girardi, Phaneuf, Edler, Garrison
    Bench - Letang, Radulov

G - Rinne, Bryzgalov, Varlamov

Opinions on weak spots on my team?