Thread: Flyers vs. Leafs

Flyers vs. Leafs

So there are plenty of Flyers and Leafs fans on this site and I wondered what your opinions of last night's game were?

Personally, I regret staying up to watch this game because wow, what a terrible, terrible game it was. So few chances, such lazy play and the only real highlight of the whole game was the Simmonds - Crabb fight (it seemed to me as if it had gone to adverts when this happened but I was watching on a no-advert link). Philly's defense was once again out of sorts and I had never noticed before how lazy a player Kessel is when he doesn't have the puck; even with his talent carrying a player like that has to hurt eventually.

Kudos to Bryz and Gustavsson though, they made some good saves each and their rebound control was great all night, especially Gustavsson with Simmonds and Hartnell constantly bothering him at close range.

At least Giroux's winning goal in the shootout was highlight reel quality because the rest of the game sure wasn't.
    Claude's Golf Finger - LWL Phoenix League

C - Kopitar, MacKinnon (RW), Oshie (RW), Henrique, S. Koivu
    LW - Landeskog, Hudler (RW), Umberger, Tatar (C)
    RW - Wheeler, Read
    D - Pietrangelo, Timonen, Shattenkirk, Franson, Faulk, Schultz
    G - Niemi, Halak, Elliott
    IR - Fasth, Tanguay

I didn't get to see last night's game - was at the movies. I caught up on the fight with highlight video (way to go Simmonds!) and am glad to see Bryzgalov continuing his solid play.
    Last edited by Mike; 03-11-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Certainly a sloppy first 30minutes ... a little better in the 2nd half but eh....

and yes Rob, Kessel is lazy as hell when he doesn't have the puck and seems to have 0 commitment to defense. there was 1 play where he was going up the boards out of the Leafs zone, he or a player right by him lost the puck and instead of just poking it out and going for a line change, he skates right passed it and goes to the bench (of course at this time, our D side of the bench is @ our blue line so a forward is an additional 15feet away now when they get on the ice...) for our player to hop on behind the play and have to haul ass to catch up to his man whom he's supposed to be covering now on this Philly offensive rush.

A lot of players don't really hit ... but Kessel won't EVER try to pin you against the boards in any fashion, or even really try to slow you down.

Had he not been in the top 5-10 of scoring all season, I think Leaf fans would be jumping up and down over his lack of defensive play. Literally is non-existent ...

But Leafs ... 3 posts in the game, 1 in the SO.
    fml
    LWL PHX 12 team - G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SHP|SOG|FW|Hit|BlkS || W|GAA|SV|SV%|SHO
    LW - Ladd, Zuccarello, Lupul (RW)
    C - Thornton, Bozak, PKane (RW)
    RW - Voracek, Pominville, J. Williams, Alfredsson, Horton, Parenteau
    D - Weber, Suter, Markov, Garrison
    G - Lundqvist, Kuemper, Gigure, Andersen
    IR+: HSedin (C), Bolland (C), Moulson (LW)

Work 12 team - G|A|Pts|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|FW|Hit|BlkS || W|GAA|SV|SV%|SHO
    LW - Hartnell, MRichards (C), JStaal (C), Ryan (RW)
    C - EStaal, Kopitar, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Ott (LW)
    RW - R Smith, Pavelski (C), Oshie (C), Little (C)
    D - Phaneuf, Green, Gudas, Niskanen
    G - Lundqvist, Halak, Andersen
    IR:

Friends 10 team - G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|FW|Hit || W|GAA|SV%|SHO
    LW - Parise, Palat, Zuccarello, Steen (C), Sharp (C)
    C - Plekanec, Nielsen, Stastny, Kesler (RW)
    RW - Ovechkin, Vrbata, Neal (LW)
    D - Subban, Yandle, Giordano, Niskanen
    G - Howard, Kuemper
    IR: Franzen (RW/LW), Harding (G), Bieksa (D)

It was a brutal game, total snore fest. I am not sure why I endured it to the end.
    Yahoo 12 team H2H: C, C, L, L, R, R, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, S%, SO

C: Eric Staal, Mike Ribeiro, David Backes (RW)(??)
    LW: Evander Kane, Steve Ott (C), Shane Doan (RW)(IR)
    RW: Joe Pavelski (C), Brendan Gallagher
    D: Dustin Byfuglien (RW), Kevin Shattenkirk, Kris Letang(IR), Roman Josi, Alex Goligoski
    G: Jonathan Quick(IR), Jaroslav Halak, Josh Harding
    IR: Ryan Callahan, James Wisniewski