Thread: Who to keep?

Who to keep?

I'm in a 12 team, head-to-head keeper league and am trying to figure out which players to keep. Each season, we get to keep 6 players and 1 rookie.

I'm definitely keeping D. Sedin, Nash, Howard, and Bryzgalov with Schenn as my rookie (here's hoping he picks it up in the years to come).

This leaves me with, what I think, are the three next options: Kessel, Couture, and Hartnell. I'm swayed towards keeping Kessel and Couture, but can't seem to shake the fact that Hartnell is the fourth ranked player in yahoo.

Thoughts?
    12 Team H2H Keeper (6 players + 1 rookie)
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Couture (LW), Plekanec, Johnson
    LW: Parise, Perron, D. Brown (RW)
    RW: Kessel, Eriksson (LW), Simmonds, Nichushkin, Nyquist (C)
    D: Weber, Doughty, Kronwall, Carlson
    G: Howard, Rinne, Thomas

Couture is a definite keeper in my opinion; bags of talent and still years to play. Kessel vs. Hartnell is a more difficult decision; Hartnell is a multi-category fantasy talent while Kessel only really helps with Goals and Assists (he is -9 with 73 points) and Kessel shoots more but not really enough to counterbalance Hartnell for this year. It all depends on linemates for Hartnell though; if he continues to play with Giroux and the Flyers re-sign Jagr then I expect him to do this again but it's likely that he will have a new RW to play with and it will depend a lot on who that is.

So, in summary: Couture definitely, then Hartnell depending on Circumstances then Kessel unless it's just a points league in which case Couture definitely then Kessel.

Please post the stat lines when asking these questions though because there is no way to make a definitive suggestion without knowing the whole picture.
    Claude's Golf Finger - LWL Phoenix League

C - Kopitar, MacKinnon (RW), Oshie (RW), Henrique, S. Koivu
    LW - Landeskog, Hudler (RW), Umberger, Tatar (C)
    RW - Wheeler, Read
    D - Pietrangelo, Timonen, Shattenkirk, Franson, Faulk, Schultz
    G - Niemi, Halak, Elliott
    IR - Fasth, Tanguay

you should keep everyone that youve mentioned and couture and kessel you have to keep and let hartnell go
    G=2pts A=1pt
    W=2pts sho=3pts

Malkin - Crosby - Neal - Kunitz - Staal - Fisher - Legwand - Radulov - Richards - Gaborik
    Letang - Weber - Suter - Pietrangelo
    Fleury - Rinne

Malkin - Crosby - Neal - Kunitz - Sharp - Toews - Hossa - Kane - Richards - Gaborik
    Letang - Keith - Seabrook - Pietrangelo
    Fleury - Crawford

Malkin - Crosby - Neal - Kunitz - Datsyuk - Franzen - Zetterberg - Filppula - Richards - Gaborik
    Letang - Lidstrom - Keith - Pietrangelo
    Fleury - Howard

Thanks people. Rob, I've updated my signature to include the proper information.
    12 Team H2H Keeper (6 players + 1 rookie)
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Couture (LW), Plekanec, Johnson
    LW: Parise, Perron, D. Brown (RW)
    RW: Kessel, Eriksson (LW), Simmonds, Nichushkin, Nyquist (C)
    D: Weber, Doughty, Kronwall, Carlson
    G: Howard, Rinne, Thomas

In a league so dependent on points it has to be Couture and Kessel. Hartnell will provide more PIMs than both and a better +/- than Kessel but it's much more of a risk to rely on Hartnell in a league like this.
    Claude's Golf Finger - LWL Phoenix League

C - Kopitar, MacKinnon (RW), Oshie (RW), Henrique, S. Koivu
    LW - Landeskog, Hudler (RW), Umberger, Tatar (C)
    RW - Wheeler, Read
    D - Pietrangelo, Timonen, Shattenkirk, Franson, Faulk, Schultz
    G - Niemi, Halak, Elliott
    IR - Fasth, Tanguay