Thread: Vokoun. Worth Keeping??

Vokoun. Worth Keeping??

So, Vokoun has been listed as DTD for quite a while. Washington is looking miserable. Should I dump him for random spot starts to help my goalie stats??
    Fleury and hopefully Crawford will get starts but I am in the finals against an owner with Rhinne, Brodeur and Niemi, so I think I need to look elsewhere for goalie stats than Vokoun. I'm eyeing Schneider for tomorrow and I currently have Conklin however Howard should be back Friday.

Any thoughts??

Some goalies on the WW are: Schneider, Mason, Dubnyk, Khabibulin, Neuvirth, Clemmenson, Bobrovsky, Bernier.

PS - I won this last year but the guy I am up against won it the first year. It's armageddon
    Last edited by HamiltonHabber; 03-28-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    3rd year 12 Team Non Keeper ESPN League - H2H Weekly
    Scoring: G,A,+/-,PIM,GWG,TOI,SOG,HIT,BLK,SHP
    Goalie: W,GAA,SV,SO
    Regalar Season Finish: 3rd (158-95-32)

C: Crosby, Plekanec, E. Staal(LW), Eberle (RW), Ott (LW), Filppula (LW)
    LW: Clowe, Neal (RW), Malone, Perron
    RW: Kessel, Hossa, Radulov
    D: Weber, Subban, Giordano, Hedman, Gorges
    G: Fleury, Dubnyk, Crawford, Budaij
    IR: Lupul, Hall

With Bryzgalov being injured, Bobrovsky could be a good pickup. None of the others look like they will get more than a spot start here or there except Mason but Columbus has been giving up a lot of goals lately.
    HC Prime - The Untouchables

F: Perry, Spezza, Lecavalier, Kreider, Lupul
    O'Reilly, Hudler, Clutterbuck, Gaborik, Cogliano, Huberdeau
    D: Fowler, Johnson, Voynov, Gorges, Niskanen, Garrison
    G: Rinne, Khubodin, Ward
    IR: Letang, D. Sedin

Yea if this were earlier in the season I'd think everyone would say Schneider but as internalprime8 noted, most of those guys at this point might see 1 start.

However, looking at that list you gave us why not Dubnyk? He has been playing very well as of late and is seeing most of the starts in Edmonton.

I personally went with Bob but I had zero options. No one is available in my league that gets even infrequent starts haha (or they're on waivers and once they clear...well I have no shot). Bob worries me though sometimes. To say he can be shaky would be a gross understatement. Plus its not like Philly's defense is something to write home about.

Also it does appear that Vokun might be ready to play as early as tomorrow. With Holtby getting thrashed last night and Neuvy not doing a whole lot better, well it's worth monitoring. Regarding Vokun (from RotoWire):

Vokoun (lower body) indicated that he is healthy and available to play Thursday against the Bruins, Washington Post writer Katie Carrera reports.
    Spin: We'll have to see if Vokoun gets the start Thursday, but the Caps can use all the help they can get as they try to claw their way back into the playoff picture after Tuesday's loss to Buffalo.
    Last edited by mbr311; 03-28-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    ESPN 10 Team Keeper League (4 per year): Goals, Assists, +/-, ATOI, PPP, SHP, SOG, PIMs, Hits, Blocks;
    Wins, Saves, SO, SV%, GAA

RILEY'S 'LIL FIGHTERS - 2014 Roster - FINAL FOUR (#3 seed)
    2013 DEFENDING LEAGUE CHAMPS
    - 2-time Vezina Trophy Winner (2013-14)

Forwards - Malkin, Toews, Duchene, Couture, Kesler, Elias, Palat, Perron, B. Ryan, M. Granlund & R. Callahan
    D-Men - Doughty, Trouba, K. Russell, M. Stuart, Dekeyser & J. Benn
    Bench - M. Richards, Desharnais, Hemsky, Hanzal, L. Erikkson, L. Stempniak & Sobotka
    Goalies - Lundqvist, Rask, Schneider & Scrivens
    IR: Letang & Tavares

Thanks for the advice guys. It appears that Vokoun has reinjured his groin and may not see much action for the rest of the season so I guess my decision was made for me instead. At the moment I am contemplating Bobrovsky while Bryzgalov is hurt. Mbr311, I think you are right, Dubnyk may really be my best option for the last few games of the season.
    As it stands now I may just use both Bob and Dubnyk to get what I can from them while hoping Fleury finishes strong and Crawford takes the rest of the starts.
    Currently I am up 7-6-1 so I think no matter what I do this is going to be brutally close.
    Cheers.
    3rd year 12 Team Non Keeper ESPN League - H2H Weekly
    Scoring: G,A,+/-,PIM,GWG,TOI,SOG,HIT,BLK,SHP
    Goalie: W,GAA,SV,SO
    Regalar Season Finish: 3rd (158-95-32)

C: Crosby, Plekanec, E. Staal(LW), Eberle (RW), Ott (LW), Filppula (LW)
    LW: Clowe, Neal (RW), Malone, Perron
    RW: Kessel, Hossa, Radulov
    D: Weber, Subban, Giordano, Hedman, Gorges
    G: Fleury, Dubnyk, Crawford, Budaij
    IR: Lupul, Hall