Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: venting

venting

just wanted to vent about how my week has been going so far. bryz got hurt so i had to waste 1 of my 4 moves per week on picking up a goalie which was conklin (figured he has the best chance at getting wins and that he will play at least 2 games this week. another one of my goalies is harding and i was hoping he would play today but backstrom is. my strategy was to win in SA and SV and maybe wins but now i might lose all goalie categories b/c i wanted to save my last 2 moves for skaters for sat. and sun. but now i'm not sure if i should use it for goalies. argghhh. my other pickup was louie eriksson for kuba. i had everything planned out perfectly this week until the bryz got hurt. anyone else have bad luck stories?
    Yahoo Weekly H2H / 10 Teams
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPP, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C,C, / LW, LW, / RW, RW, / F, F,/ D, D, D, D / G, G /

C: Giroux (RW), Getzlaf, Stepan, Ribeiro, Kesler (RW), Backes (RW), Mikael Granlund
    LW: Landeskog, E. Kane, Benn
    RW: Kessel, Neal (LW), Burns (D)

D: Phaneuf, Gudas, Goligoski

G: Luongo, Miller, Halak, Lehtonen

My goalies are Lundqvist and Fleury. Sounds like a good tandem going into the final week right? Fleury gave up 5 goals against the freakin Islanders, are you kidding me? Add to that my opponent has Kipper and Elliot. Elliot is killing it for this guy and single handedly won him last week. If it wasn't for Kipper, I would be getting murdered. Now I have to hope that I can at least take the wins category and hopefuly at least tie the SO category to have a chance at winning.
    Twitter: @Rocketman_33

LWL FHL Keeper - The Untouchables - Keep 5
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FOW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Finished 3rd - Unknown Keepers

LWL FHL Non-Keeper - Phoenix 2
    Current Record

Finished 2nd

LWL FHL Dynasty H2H Pts League- Dy-Nasty - Keep 17
    Finished 9th

Prospects - E. Kuznetsov, G. Reinhart, A. Vasilevsky, J. Drouin, J. Morin

ESPN 12 Team H2H Pts League- Keep 5
    - Reg Season Record 22-0 - Finished 2nd

Keepers - J. Toews (C), G. Landeskog (LW), C. Giroux (C, RW), E. Karlsson (D), A. Niemi (G)

My league used 7 weekly add/drops

the first 2 i used were to grab an fighter on StL who didn't play the game i picked him up for, and the other was for Dubnyk who didn't play that night either ..

I was debating keeping Dubnyk (my goalies -- Niemi really -- had UGLY starts mon+tues to start the week so I had to grab goalies in hopes of making up the ugly start) ... and REALLY felt that I should start Dubnyk + theodore against each other to ensure a win and ... i didn't think it'd be a very high scoring game.

Well, didn't that game end 2-1 in a SO I believe ... so I'd have had 2 goalies w. 0.95 GAA and both .900+ SV%s ....

I lost 3-7-2 to the guy whose trade w/ me in the final 3 weeks both (ironically) let me jump into the playoffs (was #11/14 when I made the trade, ended #8) but also the guy who was the reason I was eliminated from the playoffs.

Bitter sweet ... just hope the rank it displays on my Yahoo! profile is #3 (I'm quite quite QUITE sure I'll be beating out the other guy as he's not bothering to set rosters or anything ... unsurprisingly) and not the ugly #8 that I finished in the season ...

Drafting is what lost me my season ... drafted home alone last year and was #1/2 (finished #2) throughout the season and won the playoffs. This year, drafted w/ 3 buddies together while watching TV.

14 teams. 20 rounds.
    1) OV -- Slumping huge, ended up trading him for Datsyuk. He began to heat up and Datsyuk wound up getting his knee scoped and I ended up trading him + Cole for, essentially, Campbell + Whitney (also got Hemsky + Turris but dropped them)
    2) Niemi -- Wasn't a huge fan of him when he won in CHI but I had to pick a goalie as LOTS of people spent picks 1+2 on goalies. Had a very up and down season ... especially in the last 1.5 months when it really counted.
    3) Zetterberg -- was struggling for the 1st half of the season ...
    4) Boyle -- SJS as a team was struggling at times ...
    5) Heatley -- traded him (+ Vermette) for Hejduk, Cole ... lots of people were talking negatively about him during the draft but figured I could fairly easily trade him during the season
    6) Stastny -- injured and sub-par season -- especially when compared to the better season he gave me last year.
    7) Brown -- LAK .. we all know how AWFUL they were for the majority of the season ... has lit it up the last 1.5 months
    8) Dubinsky -- possibly my most frustrating draftee... got him for his PIMs, FW and dual position and ability to rack up some points ... barely did any of these things and ended up trading him
    9) Samuelsson -- good first week; got injured and was never put on IR ... finally was and when taken off, still didn't play for a month. A LOT OF POINTS LOST ON THIS GUY and he's been a long time fav of mine
    10) Theodore -- lucked out w/ getting a goalie who produced as he did this late. Pretty much all that was left
    11) Elder -- solid last year, no Ehrhoff this year, all signs point to yes.
    12) Wideman -- underrated, great fantasy value -- started alright then he + Wsh went into a big drought but stuck w/ him all season
    13) Downie -- wasn't producing as expected (both in pts and PIMs) dropped for somebody
    14) Vermette -- couldn't buy a point in Clb. Traded w/ Heatley earlier on in the season
    15) Stoll -- got for some 2nd/3rd line scoring and a LOT of faceoffs... I mostly only got faceoffs as he was stuck on the 3rd and 4th lines.
    16) Hudler -- once I dropped him, he began to produce
    17) Pitkanen -- did me well until knee/concussion
    18) Malone -- injured, wasn't producing, dropped.
    19) Kopecky -- 3rd line and was doing nothing ... dropped.
    20) Santorelli -- noticed after I drafted him, was on LTIR and dropped minutes after drafting.

The fact there's notes beside every player I drafted tells you I drafted poorly ... or at least to not how I wanted to draft.

:@
    LWL PHX 12 team - G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SHP|SOG|FW|Hit|BlkS || W|GAA|SV|SV%|SHO
    LW - Ladd, Zuccarello, Lupul (RW)
    C - Thornton, Bozak, PKane (RW)
    RW - Voracek, Pominville, J. Williams, Alfredsson, Horton, Parenteau
    D - Weber, Suter, Markov, Garrison
    G - Lundqvist, Kuemper, Gigure, Andersen
    IR+: HSedin (C), Bolland (C), Moulson (LW)

Work 12 team - G|A|Pts|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|FW|Hit|BlkS || W|GAA|SV|SV%|SHO
    LW - Hartnell, MRichards (C), JStaal (C), Ryan (RW)
    C - EStaal, Kopitar, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Ott (LW)
    RW - R Smith, Pavelski (C), Oshie (C), Little (C)
    D - Phaneuf, Green, Gudas, Niskanen
    G - Lundqvist, Halak, Andersen
    IR:

Friends 10 team - G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|FW|Hit || W|GAA|SV%|SHO
    LW - Parise, Palat, Zuccarello, Steen (C), Sharp (C)
    C - Plekanec, Nielsen, Stastny, Kesler (RW)
    RW - Ovechkin, Vrbata, Neal (LW)
    D - Subban, Yandle, Giordano, Niskanen
    G - Howard, Kuemper
    IR: Franzen (RW/LW), Harding (G), Bieksa (D)

And yet Pittsburgh gets lit up again, why can they not beat the Isles?

Current Record

Finished 2nd

Finished 9th

Keepers - J. Toews (C), G. Landeskog (LW), C. Giroux (C, RW), E. Karlsson (D), A. Niemi (G)

ugghh, now that vinny is back purcell is not playing on a line with stamkos and st. louis anymore which makes his value drop tremendously. i'm just about toast for this week, looks like i'm going to be playing for 3rd.
    Yahoo Weekly H2H / 10 Teams
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPP, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C,C, / LW, LW, / RW, RW, / F, F,/ D, D, D, D / G, G /

C: Giroux (RW), Getzlaf, Stepan, Ribeiro, Kesler (RW), Backes (RW), Mikael Granlund
    LW: Landeskog, E. Kane, Benn
    RW: Kessel, Neal (LW), Burns (D)

D: Phaneuf, Gudas, Goligoski

G: Luongo, Miller, Halak, Lehtonen

Well I am glad that Pitts did not win those 2 games (I am in the finals right now with a guy who has both Crosby and Malkin) he has Ovie as well.... It is too close with too many days left. I need a stellar 3 days - I need my goalies to step up - Rinne has not been playing well lately and I need him to win at least one game. This has been a strange year - a year of players who normally would produce who are not - to the amount of injuries to key players.....not much you can do but pray for your guys to perform and his not!!!!Crazy though....
    Stammers Ice Killers
    Yahoo - Keeper League (8)- H2H - 10 teams. 1st place 2012, 2nd place 2011
    Player Stats - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, GWG, HITS
    Goalie Starts - W, L, GAA, Saves, SH,
    3 moves /wk - 3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 2 UTL, 4 D, 2 G - (4 BN & 3 IR available)
    Currently 2nd place
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Stay Calm N Bergeron
    LWL Phoenix Non-keeper - 12 Teams
    Currently 4th place - moving up?
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Pylons
    Yahoo Public League
    Currently 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by mj12 View Post
    Well I am glad that Pitts did not win those 2 games (I am in the finals right now with a guy who has both Crosby and Malkin) he has Ovie as well.... It is too close with too many days left. I need a stellar 3 days - I need my goalies to step up - Rinne has not been playing well lately and I need him to win at least one game. This has been a strange year - a year of players who normally would produce who are not - to the amount of injuries to key players.....not much you can do but pray for your guys to perform and his not!!!!Crazy though....
    That is all I am doing right now. My goalies are not helping me. His are.

Current Record

Finished 2nd

Finished 9th

Daleafers... I agree, that was a brutal draft lol... sounds like you got it turned around enough to get in though which is good.
    PRICE IS RIGHT - LWL UNTOUCHABLES
    7th PLACE
    KEEPERS - Toews/Kopitar/Hall/Kuznetsov/Price
    PICKS - 1-1-2-2-4-5-6-6-7-8-8-8-8-9-9

GINO'S PIZZERIA - LWL DYNASTY
    4th PLACE

IGGY & THE STOOGES - ROTO KEEPER
    CHAMPION

My goalies these past two weeks have been amazing at dropping the ball in the last few minutes of a game to cost me big time. Last week it was Theodore unable to win a shootout when my opponent had Fleury's amazing week, and then last night I had two shutouts going into the 3rd period, and end up getting 5 goals against in the two games and a loss for both. The Theodore game vs the wild was the ugly one though, score with 30 seconds left to tie it then score 15 seconds into OT to ruin my GAA save % and wins. harsh. Crosby Malkin and Staal losing to the isles has not helped me any either.. In fact the isles are a big reason why I am not playing for first and may even end 4th.
    LWL Pheonix League: G, A, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks Goalies: W, SV, GAA, SV%, SO
    C - Evgeni Malkin, Patrick Marleau, Paul Stastny, Mike Fisher, Olli Jokinen, David Desharnais
    LW - Henrick Zetterburg, Dustin Brown, Ryane Clowe, Ryan Maline
    RW - Jerome Iginla, Danny Briere, Filip FOrsberg
    D - Zdeno Chara, Dan Boyle, Brendon Dillon, Mark Fraser,
    G - Corey Crawford, MA Fleury, Tomas Vokoun

Yahoo 8 team H2H: G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks Goalies: W, SV, GAA, SV%, SO
    C - Jason Spezza, Patrice Bergeron, Steve Ott (LW), Claude Giroux, Antoine Vermette (LW), Mark Scheifele
    LW - James Neal (RW), Jonathan Drouin, Gabriel Landeskog, Scott Hartnell
    RW - Jerome Iginla, Marian Goborik
    D - Dustin Byfuglien, Brend Burns, Brenden Dillon, Justin Schultz, Mark Fraser, Victor Hedman
    G - Henrik Lundqvist, Kari Lehtonen, Cam Ward

Quote Originally Posted by cbxero View Post
    Daleafers... I agree, that was a brutal draft lol... sounds like you got it turned around enough to get in though which is good.
    ya... i didn't put biases aside....
    could have grabbed Spezza + Karlsson (12 or 13/14 are leafs fans/from toronto ... vs the 1 MTL person we had in our pool...)
    nobody wanted the OTT players ... they sat around for a few rounds before they were taken...
    LWL PHX 12 team - G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SHP|SOG|FW|Hit|BlkS || W|GAA|SV|SV%|SHO
    LW - Ladd, Zuccarello, Lupul (RW)
    C - Thornton, Bozak, PKane (RW)
    RW - Voracek, Pominville, J. Williams, Alfredsson, Horton, Parenteau
    D - Weber, Suter, Markov, Garrison
    G - Lundqvist, Kuemper, Gigure, Andersen
    IR+: HSedin (C), Bolland (C), Moulson (LW)

Work 12 team - G|A|Pts|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|FW|Hit|BlkS || W|GAA|SV|SV%|SHO
    LW - Hartnell, MRichards (C), JStaal (C), Ryan (RW)
    C - EStaal, Kopitar, Ribeiro, Plekanec, Ott (LW)
    RW - R Smith, Pavelski (C), Oshie (C), Little (C)
    D - Phaneuf, Green, Gudas, Niskanen
    G - Lundqvist, Halak, Andersen
    IR:

Friends 10 team - G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|FW|Hit || W|GAA|SV%|SHO
    LW - Parise, Palat, Zuccarello, Steen (C), Sharp (C)
    C - Plekanec, Nielsen, Stastny, Kesler (RW)
    RW - Ovechkin, Vrbata, Neal (LW)
    D - Subban, Yandle, Giordano, Niskanen
    G - Howard, Kuemper
    IR: Franzen (RW/LW), Harding (G), Bieksa (D)