G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FOW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    Current Record

Finished 2nd

LWL FHL Dynasty H2H Pts League- Dy-Nasty - Keep 17
    Finished 9th

Prospects - E. Kuznetsov, G. Reinhart, A. Vasilevsky, J. Drouin, J. Morin

ESPN 12 Team H2H Pts League- Keep 5
    - Reg Season Record 22-0 - Finished 2nd

Keepers - J. Toews (C), G. Landeskog (LW), C. Giroux (C, RW), E. Karlsson (D), A. Niemi (G)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman9 View Post
    Daniel will help G, A, +/-, PPP, shots

Henrik - A, +/-, PPP

Toews is very valuable with that type of scoring, as is Backes, Callahan.
    +10000000000

Look at my roster

I'm definitely keeping Malkin and Lundy
    Initially my plan was to also keep Callahan and Edler.

Most probably think I'm nuts to give up Parise, Hossa or Gaborik. Sometimes I agree. But goals and assists does not make a well-rounded team.

So it could be say Malkin, Hossa, Parise and Lundy
    But it's gonna be Malkin, Callahan, Edler and Lundy (assuming my scoring system stays the same).

Though admittedly I am struggling with 2 major things. First being do I keep Halak b/c goalies are the single most important position to fill in my league since 3-4 guys are responsible for 1/3 of the weekly points. I mean the last two years the teams that made the final four had the best goaltending. I am also struggling between Edler and Pietrangelo. For the longest time it was very clear cut. Then Pietrangelo went and put up 39 points in the last 41 games. He has higher ATOI, goals and assists and his +/- is way better They are about even in PPP. Edler is better in hits, blocks and SOG. Gonna be one hell of a decision.
    ESPN 10 Team Keeper League (4 per year): Goals, Assists, +/-, ATOI, PPP, SHP, SOG, PIMs, Hits, Blocks;
    Wins, Saves, SO, SV%, GAA

RILEY'S 'LIL FIGHTERS - 2014 Roster - FINAL FOUR (#3 seed)
    2013 DEFENDING LEAGUE CHAMPS
    - 2-time Vezina Trophy Winner (2013-14)

Forwards - Malkin, Toews, Duchene, Couture, Kesler, Elias, Palat, Perron, B. Ryan, M. Granlund & R. Callahan
    D-Men - Doughty, Trouba, K. Russell, M. Stuart, Dekeyser & J. Benn
    Bench - M. Richards, Desharnais, Hemsky, Hanzal, L. Erikkson, L. Stempniak & Sobotka
    Goalies - Lundqvist, Rask, Schneider & Scrivens
    IR: Letang & Tavares

I wouldn't keep Hossa based on age. Personally I would keep Pietrangelo over Edler. He has alot more potential IMO.
    Twitter: @Rocketman_33

LWL FHL Keeper - The Untouchables - Keep 5

Finished 3rd - Unknown Keepers

LWL FHL Non-Keeper - Phoenix 2
    Current Record

Finished 2nd

Finished 9th

Keepers - J. Toews (C), G. Landeskog (LW), C. Giroux (C, RW), E. Karlsson (D), A. Niemi (G)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman9 View Post
    I wouldn't keep Hossa based on age. Personally I would keep Pietrangelo over Edler. He has alot more potential IMO.
    I'm with you on Pietrangelo. He's a scoring machine on a better defensive team (which helps his +/- tremendously). It's do I keep Hossa, Callahan or Parise? I sort of need to see where Parise is gonna end up on the off-season since they're saying he's in line for a HUGE contract (though look what happened to Carter, M. Richards and B. Richards when they left their respective teams for huge pay days).

It's just tough to turn down Callahan if you look at my scoring categories. He averages over 21+ ice time, is amongst the league leaders in hits, is active BOTH on the 1st PP unit and the top PK unit which increases his chances for SHPs. He has high block totals, higher PIMs than any of those guys...I mean when you compare him directly to Hossa for instance, Hossa has him beat in assists, +/- and SOG (247-230). Everything else Callahan is ripping him (PIM, hits, ATOI, blocks). They both have 29 goals, both have 3 SHP and Hossa is slightly ahead on PPP (20-17). So...

Thankfully I don't have to make a decision for quite some time

Oh and sorry to thread-jack I apologize. I know this was about Sedin's so my bad
    ESPN 10 Team Keeper League (4 per year): Goals, Assists, +/-, ATOI, PPP, SHP, SOG, PIMs, Hits, Blocks;

Forwards - Malkin, Toews, Duchene, Couture, Kesler, Elias, Palat, Perron, B. Ryan, M. Granlund & R. Callahan
    Bench - M. Richards, Desharnais, Hemsky, Hanzal, L. Erikkson, L. Stempniak & Sobotka

Quote Originally Posted by mbr311 View Post
    Oh and sorry to thread-jack I apologize. I know this was about Sedin's so my bad
    Not my thread so I don't care.

That being said compare all 3

Player Parise - Callahan - Hossa

Age 27 27 33 Advantage: Parise Callahan
    G 31 29 29 Advantage: Parise
    A 37 25 48 Advantage: Hossa
    +/- -5 -5 19 Advantage: Hossa
    PIM 32 57 18 Advantage: Callahan
    PPP 14 17 20 Advantage: Hossa
    SHP 7 3 3 Advantage: Parise (dependent on where he ends up next year though)
    ATOI 21:31 21:04 19:56 Advantage: Parise Callahan (too close to call a clear advantage)
    SOG 286 230 247 Advantage: Parise
    Hits 63 267 70 Advantage: Callahan
    Blocks 39 88 40 Advantage: Callahan

Based on the above we get:

Note for the total value I used a multiplier to evaluate their value based on all stats so for

1st in stats = 1 2nd in stats = 0.5 and 3rd in stats = 0.25

Parise - 5(1) 3(2) 3(3) = 7.25
    Callahan - 5(1) 4(2) 3(3) = 7.75
    Hossa - 3(1) 6(2) 1(3) = 6.25

Based on my analysis and the fact that Parise's new team is unknown (ie. role is undefined so SHP could change) I think Callahan is your better overall contributor between the 3 guys.

Current Record

Finished 2nd

Finished 9th

You rock man (pun intended)!

I was analyzing it similarly but was having trouble coming up with a suitable metric I guess you'd call it to measure their worth. That is just outstanding stuff and reinforces my initial thought that Callahan is the guy to keep..though we need to keep an eye on Parise and where he's going as you said. Now I need to apply that to Edler vs. Pietrangelo and see what it comes up with. Thanks a TON!

Obviously you could use different multipliers or a different statistical method, but that is how I would look at it when you evaluating more than just points.

Current Record

Finished 2nd

Finished 9th

Yea I hear you. We also have to take into account how each guy impacts each individual category outside of "simply" saying "he scores more goals than him so he gets x points"

I guess that's where LWLs draft kit and FSI come into play - and applying a formula to account for an inflated rating due to dominating one category. A perfect example will be evaluating Parise, and even moreso Henrique, next year. They have so many SHPs relative to the rest of the league that when you use LWLs FSI formula it severely inflates each players value b/c they receive such high marks in that one single category. That's when I was working with Mike last year and he suggested applying a STDEV formula in excel to account for those instances, which in turn really gives us a better picture of said players worth. I've been bugging Mike to put out monthly or quarterly updates to the draft kit or giving us the opportunity to input stats into the kit to further evaluate not only a players impact on your team and overall, but it would also be an amazing tool to help us evaluate everything from trades to picking up FA. I envision for instance being able to input your entire roster and say you're having issues that week in hits and blocks. Instead of sorting thru stats that ESPN or Yahoo gives you could use this to judge a players impact on a categorical basis and figure out if player A is going to help you more in the categories you need help vs. player B.

Okay so I'm nerding out here

Hey mbr,

I re-tooled my analysis to apply weighting between the 3 guys. For each stat category, I used the best stat as a 1 value and then weighted each stat contribution based on the top stat contribution. So, the contribution for that stat would be a fraction of the best in that stat. I feel that this allows me to properly reflect what each of the 3 skaters brings to the table in comparison to the others.

With that analysis my numbers came up as follows:

Parise = 7.45
    Callahan = 9.25
    Hossa = 6.83

That being said, you could even break it down to their career averages. I don't think any of these guys are having career years and this year should closely reflect expected numbers for next year (depending on where Parise ends up).

Current Record

Finished 2nd

Finished 9th