Thread: Crosby not playing??

Crosby not playing??

I heard some analysts mention that Crosby wasn't playing Saturday but I can't seem to find any info anywhere on the web. Is there truth to this? I still have time to change my lineup for the day.

Keeping an eye on this for you, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikec View Post
    I heard some analysts mention that Crosby wasn't playing Saturday but I can't seem to find any info anywhere on the web. Is there truth to this? I still have time to change my lineup for the day.
    Coach Bylsma says Fleury is in but all other lineup choices will be made at gametime.

It makes the pens and Crosby look pretty weak if they bench him because they are scared of the team that they will be playing in the first round of the playoffs. I would think if he was going to miss the game that there would be more info out there on the web. I'm going to just keep him active...its worth the risk.

Crosby, Malkin, and Letang all took the warm-ups.
    Follow Left Wing Lock on Twitter at @Left_Wing_Lock

Need a trophy for your fantasy league?

Hand-made trophies worth bragging about

It makes the pens and Crosby look pretty weak if they bench him because they are scared of the team that they will be playing in the first round of the playoffs. I would think if he was going to miss the game that there would be more info out there on the web. I'm going to just keep him active...its worth the risk.
    How is that weak? Both teams called up a player, it's obviously going to be a dirty game. Flyers are definitely looking for revenge. Benching your superstar player who's missed basically a year and a half instead of playing him in a pointless games is quite the opposite of stupid.
    Official LWL Non-Keeper League - Shooting Scorgasms

C - Getzlaf, Backstrom, B. Richards, Henrique
    LW - Datsyuk (C), Marleau, (C), Clowe (RW), Malone
    RW - Sharp (C), Pominville, Alfredsson, Little (C)
    D - Chara, Wisniewski, Orpik, Beauchemin
    G - Niemi, Schneider, Theodore, Dubnyk

I agree with you Tim. Obviously you don't want your superstar to get hurt and obviously the game doesn't "mean anything". But these guys are playing each other in a 7 game series starting next week. What kind of message do you think it sends to everyone in the dressing room that we are too scared of these guys to hurt our team so we are going to bench our players. I think if you play Crosby and just play a cautious game it sends a better message. I understand benching him though....I guess that's just my thought process. If they weren't playing the Flyers in the 1st round I think I would feel different about it.

Thanks patrick.

I agree with you Tim. Obviously you don't want your superstar to get hurt and obviously the game doesn't "mean anything". But these guys are playing each other in a 7 game series starting next week. What kind of message do you think it sends to everyone in the dressing room that we are too scared of these guys to hurt our team so we are going to bench our players. I think if you play Crosby and just play a cautious game it sends a better message. I understand benching him though....I guess that's just my thought process. If they weren't playing the Flyers in the 1st round I think I would feel different about it.
    I see your point but the Flyers are looking for payback. Who are they going to target? Of course it's going to be Crosby and Malkin. If one of them gets hurt it severely hurts their cup chances. Some might view it as weak but imo it's better to be looked at as weak than lose your best player in a game that has no meaning (standings wise) and is clearly going to be full of crap. I'm also sure nobody on the Pens would view it as a weak move.

As a side note it is really weird defending the Pens and Crosby lol. I'm normally on the other side of this.
    Official LWL Non-Keeper League - Shooting Scorgasms

C - Getzlaf, Backstrom, B. Richards, Henrique
    LW - Datsyuk (C), Marleau, (C), Clowe (RW), Malone
    RW - Sharp (C), Pominville, Alfredsson, Little (C)
    D - Chara, Wisniewski, Orpik, Beauchemin
    G - Niemi, Schneider, Theodore, Dubnyk