Thread: Lottery

Lottery

In case you haven't seen, Edmonton wins the #1 for a 3rd straight year.

It's obvious that they have an abundance of young talent at forward as it is, and with Yakupov being an undisputed #1, what is Tambellini going to do with the pick? Go for Yakupov, shop the pick and move down a few spots, or keep the pick and go for a defensemen?
    10 Team Yahoo! Roto League
    Team Prestige Worldwide
    Centers
    Tavares, Backstrom, Carter, Bergeron, Kesler,
    Wingers
    Eberle, Lucic, Ryan, Backes, Gagner, Tlusty, Tarasenko
    Defense
    Green, Kronwall, Schultz, Subban
    Goalies
    Quick, Miller, Ward, Fasth

STATS G,A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPP, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks
    GOALIE STATS GS, W, Saves, SV%, GAA, SHO
    Start 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G daily

sell it to the leafs for 2 first rounders and a second rounder
    G=2pts A=1pt
    W=2pts sho=3pts

Malkin - Crosby - Neal - Kunitz - Staal - Fisher - Legwand - Radulov - Richards - Gaborik
    Letang - Weber - Suter - Pietrangelo
    Fleury - Rinne

Malkin - Crosby - Neal - Kunitz - Sharp - Toews - Hossa - Kane - Richards - Gaborik
    Letang - Keith - Seabrook - Pietrangelo
    Fleury - Crawford

Malkin - Crosby - Neal - Kunitz - Datsyuk - Franzen - Zetterberg - Filppula - Richards - Gaborik
    Letang - Lidstrom - Keith - Pietrangelo
    Fleury - Howard

^ lol. You think they will fall for that again?

As for Edmonton, it is an interesting predicament and one I'm sure they don't mind being in. If they had stayed 2nd or 3rd I am sure they would have been more than happy picking Murray to bridge their defensive gap. But now they have options. They could pick Yakupov and have him play wing with Hall and RNH on their #1 line (get it?) or spread the depth down a line and leave Eberle where rightfully deserves to play.

I think it would benefit them more to work their trade magic and shop the pick either to Columbus for the 2nd overall (what does Columbus necessarily have to offer them though) or maybe find a deal for a legitimate younger defenseman. I think Dubnyk can work fine for them if they improve their team defense. Should be fun to watch what they do.
    HC Prime - The Untouchables

F: Perry, Spezza, Lecavalier, Kreider, Lupul
    O'Reilly, Hudler, Clutterbuck, Gaborik, Cogliano, Huberdeau
    D: Fowler, Johnson, Voynov, Gorges, Niskanen, Garrison
    G: Rinne, Khubodin, Ward
    IR: Letang, D. Sedin

Yes I agree. I watched an interview with Tambellini where he hinted at a deal with Columbus. That being said, the ONLY player I would want for Yakupov is Nash. That being said, if they keep the pick, IMO they have to pick Yakupov. He is the clear number 1. When you have the #1 pick you should pick the best player available. The Oilers have a lot of good young D in their system. The problem with drafting D-men is that they generally take so much longer to develop than forwards. If you put Yakupov with these guys, forget about defense. They already had one of the better PP units in the league, pretty sure that would vault close to #1 with the addition of Yakupov.
    Twitter: @Rocketman_33

LWL FHL Keeper - The Untouchables - Keep 5
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FOW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Finished 3rd - Unknown Keepers

LWL FHL Non-Keeper - Phoenix 2
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FOW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    Current Record

Finished 2nd

LWL FHL Dynasty H2H Pts League- Dy-Nasty - Keep 17
    Finished 9th

Prospects - E. Kuznetsov, G. Reinhart, A. Vasilevsky, J. Drouin, J. Morin

ESPN 12 Team H2H Pts League- Keep 5
    - Reg Season Record 22-0 - Finished 2nd

Keepers - J. Toews (C), G. Landeskog (LW), C. Giroux (C, RW), E. Karlsson (D), A. Niemi (G)

Rookie
    I would draft Yakupov and trade guys like Gagner, Paajarvi or Hemsky to fill the holes in the defense...Can't pass on talent like that !